Saturday, December 14, 2013

6 item swap.....Thanks maria :)

 I picked these up from the post office yesterday but waited till today to start opening my parcels....well all of them except for the one for under the Christmas tree :) My swap partner was Maria from http://thenextstage-maria.blogspot.com/ and no Maria I had no idea it was you sending to me in this swap! and I'm glad to hear you like reading my blog :)
 I opened up my Christmas tree ornament 1st but instead of just one I received two from Maria, a handmade hexie one which is just beautiful and another that she couldn't resist buying for me when she saw it at one of the shops.....thanks Maria they're both hanging from my tree now :)
 Then I just couldn't resist opening my other gifts, some very yummy smelling hand crafted vegetable soap I love my soap's especially handmade ones! Maria also gave me a lovely pack of fabrics for the sewing room depicting fruit and vegetables, I haven't seen a lot of this type of fabric so they will be a lovely addition to my stash, Maria also sent me a beautiful Leanne Beasley designed pincushion a very lovely addition to my pin cushion collection.
 For something to eat Maria sent me one of my favourite chocolates Ferrero which I have to admit the box has already been opened and sampled.........
For something to read Maria sent me "Knitting" by Anne Bartlett which I'm planning on saving till I'm on holidays and can relax fully and just spend the day reading it in one go if I want to, I've been seeing this author popping up on a few blogs and must admit I was going to source out a few of her books for reading over my break so thanks Maria you certainly picked the perfect book for me :)
And finally the parcel to be placed under my Christmas tree, I must admit I've had a bit of a shake and gentle squeeze before placing it there lol, that's half the fun with swaps.....thanks Maria I've been totally spoilt :)

17 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow....that Maria knows how to spoil a girl...fantastic gifts....

Christine M said...

Lovely goodies there Barb.

creations.1 said...

Beautiful gifts from the lovely Maria...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely! Such beautiful gifts from Maria.

Melody said...

Gorgeous gifts. Love that red wrapping too - so you.

Anonymous said...

lovely gifts you got Barb from Maria,enjoy and have fun reading your book.xx

Susan said...

Lovely goodies - the idea of day spent just reading sounds lovely - must pencil one in for me too!
love all you stocking from earlier.... - must be a lot of children in your life!

Maria said...

I'm so glad you like the gifts,Barb; it was so much fun gathering them all together. xx

Noela said...

Beautiful gifts from Maria. Hugs......

Mistea said...

These are beautiful Barb.
Lucky you. Now I'm wondering what that is hiding under your tree too.
Enjoy your presents.

Cheryl said...

Lovely gifts from Maria for you Barb - they look exactly like your "cup of tea"

Anthea said...

Gorgeous goodies from Maria there, Barb - enjoy ! x

KERYN B said...

Don't you just love a pressie.

Wendy said...

Lots of lovely goodies for you, wishing you a wonderful Christmas!

retdairyqueen said...

Just looking at my side bar and I see you were one of the lovely ladies who made blocks for my special quilts a few years ago xx

retdairyqueen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Hi Barb. I am wandering around getting to know each of the bloggers in the FHFS group. I have visited before but not always left comments.
Love seeing all the gifts and am getting an idea of what I have to aim for.
Cheers, Karen