Saturday, November 23, 2013

I'm still here.....

 I'm still here I've just been a bit unwell for the past few days so have been a bit silent on the blog front and very late with posting photo's of all I've been up to :(
This is a picture of the girls at my table for the Christmas gathering I attended with my sister Anne, we were lucky enough to have Gail Pan happy to take a photo with us all :)
At the back from left to right is Claire, Sharon, Anne, Vicki, Mel and in the front from left to right is Shez, Ondrea, Gail and myself. The day was filled with lots of chatting, laughter and I have to admit not too much sewing on my part lol.
 Then onto the Mill Rosie gathering the following Saturday and these handmade biscuits are what I decided to make for all that were gathered there for our Christmas breakup :)
 I also took a box full of goodies and played Santa and handed out a few bags of pressies while I was there but I'll post a reveal photo later of what was in each of the bags when I can pinch a few of the recipients blogs as I forgot to take one individually before I wrapped them and handed them out....
 Here they are all ready to give to Sharon, Shez, Mel and Christine.....
 A few photo's of the day......
 Tracee from Quilt kitty came all the from Perth to visit us and it was soooo lovely to finally meet her in person :)
 This is the item I made for our Red Brolly red & white swap, I already have orders for a couple more of these to be made up and of course I just have to make one for myself.....It nearly didn't make it into the swap I loved how it turned out and nearly left it behind accidentally lol....
 And this is who got my runner, I think she looks pretty happy with it???
 This is what I came home with from Tracee herself......I just love red & white together and anything Christmas so it's very welcome at my house and already hanging on my mini frame :)
 Shez and I are involved in a craft forum and Shez was to send to me and this is the gorgeous Christmas tree door stop that she made for me and I LOVE IT!!! Thanks Shez I was very spoilt by you in this swap :)
 Shez and I also do a one on one swap at each Mill Rosie get together and this is what Shez made for me, aren't they just delightful! But wait......there's more....
 See I told you I was spoilt, I'm going to look for a Christmas tree that these can be hung on and any other ones I get from friends or in swaps....thanks for the idea Cheryl :)
I had to pinch this photo from Shez's blog of what I gave her in our swap as in my haste to get everything ready I forgot to take a photo before I wrapped them and gave them to her DUH!
I'll be back later with photo's of the gifts I gave to the founding members of the Mill Rosie group when I can as well as what they each gave to me, I'm a bit tired now so I'm off for a cuppa :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my poor friend i hope you feel better soon,i love the gifts you gave me so much i am truly spoilt by my friends.The mini you made me is going up this weekend,cant wait to see it on the stand,and what fun i am going to have with my charm pack and pattern,thankyou so very much.I also love the red brolly table runner you made its stunning Barb,lucky Annie.xx

Susan said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Wow just love Christmasy things. I love those small embroidered circles.
So cute.
Thanks for sharing, I am so jealous as I will never be able to meet all of you in person.
Take care of yourself.
Hugs

Melody said...

I'm so sorry to hear you have not been well and wish you a complete and speedy recovery. You make the most wonderful things and these are no exception.

Susan said...

So many lovely gifts at the Millrose get together....a very talented group. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Elyte said...

Hope you are feeling much stronger and are up and about again. Thank you for the delicious cookies, I didn't share one crumb and savoured every bite.

Ondrea said...

Awesome day with awesome girls and awesome pressies!!!! Love the table runner. I think I recognise Bonwyn Hayes' santa there??? What a wonderful idea! Love all the gifts. All the Mill Rosie girls are so clever.

Quilt Kitty said...

Hi Barb, it was an absolute joy to meet you & Anne at last. I can vouch that the bickies were delicious! It was a great day & I am so happy I at last got to attend and meet so many of my favourite bloggers! xx

Googy Girl said...

Wow you have had an awesome time swapping, so many gorgeous things given and received

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sorry to hear you have been unwell Barb....all the gifts made and reeceived have been so amazing....take care

Maria said...

I just love to visit all your blogs and see what fun you all have at your GTGs.
May have to hop into Tracee's case one day.....

Briar Rose said...

Hi Barb,
hope you are feeling much better now.
Great to see your photos from our lovely day at Mill Rose Cottage.
Best wishes.
Rosalie.

KERYN B said...

All the gifts were beautiful and it sounds like everyone had a great day - hope you are feeling better soon.

cottonreel said...

Lovely post , all those pressies !! What a nice group you belong to .
If you would like to send your address to me by email I will crochet 4 hexies together with a border ,perhaps then between yourself and your friends you will be able to work out how to finish .
My L,top would not let me email this message to you .
Thank you for regularly reading my blog .

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG so much goodness in one post.............

Michelle Ridgway said...

So sorry you have been ill. Hope you feel all better real soon. Such lovely yummy gifts and stitching Barb.