Monday, March 11, 2013

Long weekend......

My long weekend started off vey slowly with me being a bit under the weather Friday but I managed to pick up by late Saturday to start working on a few projects,some secret some not....
 I've been slowly working my way through these balls of wool to make up more of these crocheted blocks and no you're not seeing the same blanket this one is being made with all the leftover balls of wool from the baby blanket I made for a friend at work,I just decided to make myself one in these pretty colours......seven blocks done,seven still to do just needing the final cream around each square......then I'll decide if it needs to be bigger or leave as is :)
 I found this unfinished rectangle in my basket of wool all that needed doing was to finish crocheting the scalloped edge around it.....still not sure if to leave it like this and use it for a bedside table runner or crochet a back and make it into a cushion??? what do you think? I love to use all my scraps whether it's wool or fabric......
 I finally finished block two and sat and sewed on the borders last night and then ironed block three ready to sit and sew.....
 I couldn't resist and started working on it last night,it's so theraputic to sit and sew while watching a movie at night,hopefully this block wont take as long to complete as block two did I don't know why but I struggled to finish that block just glad to have it done and dusted so I can move on :)

 I'm also working on a couple of Christmas gifts for the gift basket so have been doing a bit of prep work,as usual all scraps from my Christmas scrap basket,will show you a pic when it's done :)
For everyone who left comments on my last post yes I did enjoy my motorbike ride with hubby but will try to work it for a Saturday so I can rest on Sunday before heading back to work as I was totally stuffed by the time we got back from Daylesford lol but their definately will be a next time :)

14 comments:

Christine M said...

Glad you're feeling better Barb. I love the stripey block. The colours are gorgeous. I love to stitch while watching movies too! What a bonus being able to sew today as it's a holiday! Finished a secret project last night and hope to finish a couple more things today (if I'm lucky). Have a great week. Hugs, Christine

Leanne said...

Your christmas blocks look beautiful. I hope you feel better soon.

Mistea said...

Looks like you are accomplishing lots there.
The pretty crochet stripes would look lovely as a cushion. Nice Christmas projects, liking the new block a lot.
Amazing how far those scraps wiil go!
Enjoy your bonus day.

Anonymous said...

glad you are feeling a lot better Barb,love your crocheting and i think your piece would look great in a cushion,you are so clever and you have been busy with lots of things on the go.xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Feel better soon. All your projects look wonderful. hugs

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Feel better soon. All your projects look wonderful. hugs

Bev C said...

Hello Barb,

Such pretty crochet. Love the other blocks you are working on.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Noela said...

Love the Xmas blocks. You are certainly getting some pretty crochet done as well. Hugs......

Susan said...

I'm so glad you're making a blanket for yourself, those colours are so perfect together. Love the striped one too....a few would make a great blanket.

Katherine said...

Wow motor bike riding! Daylesford is a great place to visit too. Love all the stitcheries and the crochet is looking fantastic too.

Cheryl said...

Your crocheting is looking gorgeous Barb, and I love your redwork stitchery. About to start this one also

FloS said...

You're very busy !!!
Everything is very pretty !
Florence

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have been busy Barb...looks fantastic...

Ondrea said...

So many beautiful things again. Keep on a stitchin' and crocheting girl, your work is awesome.