Monday, May 28, 2012

Colour swap...what I sent to Shez

 In the colour swap that Lisa was hosting I was given Shez as my swap partner from http://shez-enjoyinglife.blogspot.com/ This is a Christmas candle mat I made using a Cinderberry stitchery and I edged it with polka dot  prairie points as Shez had mentioned in one of  our numerous emails that she loved polka dots :)
 I'd had this stitchery in my stichery folder for a few years now ( can't remember where I sourced it from ) and thought of it as soon as I got Shez for my partner and then decided to make it into a wall hanging using a canvas and my staple gun I received for my birthday this year :)
 I know Shez also loved my journal I had in my giveaway recently and since she wasn't the lucky winner I thought I'd make another and include one just for her :) The stitchery is a Rosalie Quinlan.
Shez and I discovered we both love anything Rosalie :)
 Another Rosalie Quinlan pattern from her book "A stitch in time" I pinking sheared my edging for a ruffled look :)
 I also found this yummy creamy white flurry wool at my local spotlight store and just had to make a scarf for Shez in it :)
 I also discovered in our back and forth emails that Shez loved the fabric range "Bliss" and as I had some scraps leftover from a project I thought I'd make up a drawstring bag for her and filled  it up with some of the goodies below.....
I want to thank Lisa for hosting this fantastic swap,I've really enjoyed making/collecting all these for Shez........the best thing about this swap is I've made a new friend and hopefully when Shez gets back from her overseas trip we'll be meeting up in person for a cuppa and a chat :)

7 comments:

Christine M said...

Lovely gifts Barb. How lovely that you'll be meeting Shez when she gets back. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

WOW......what gorgeous gifts Barb....lucky Shez..

Barb said...

I would swap with you any time but the only problem would be would be that you would feel cheated on my behalf....wonderful!

Anonymous said...

we sure will have a cuppa Barb,i have finally picked my next project for you,so i hope to start soon.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful stitcheries and gifts Barb.
Looks like a great swap. Enjoy your cuppa and catch up together.

Ondrea said...

I reckon you stitch in your sleep! Some lovely goodies again.

Roseanne said...

Wow what lovely gift that you made for Shez how lucky was she.