Monday, January 2, 2012

More finishes for january.....

No you're not seeing double check the date on the stocking,I found this second Rudolph stocking in the same condition as the other one a little later after gifting the first one to my sister Anne so out came the stuffing and VOILA..... another Rudolph has come out of the cupboard or in this case out from inside the magazine that was inside the drawer in my sewing room!

 I traced and stitched up this heart today while trying to avoid the heat outside,if you'd like to make up one of your own click on this web addy http://hannequilt.blogspot.com/ as she's offering it free for you to make just make sure you abide by Hanne's rules of giving.....I think it's appropriate that the word "SIMPLIFY" is  part of this embroidery as that's the word I've chosen to try and live by for 2012.This heart now hangs up in my sewing room to remnd me,thanks Hanne for your generosity!

Another thing I've been working on are these crocheted stars,I'm making them into a banner for my sewing room and have now started on a red and white one for this Christmas,I'm planning on being more organised this year.....I'll see how that pans out when work and uni are added to the mix LOL.

8 comments:

Chris H said...

Simplify and Enjoy... yep that's the way to go!
Have I wished you HAPPY NEW YEAR?

If not... I have now! lol

Hanne said...

How sweet your heart turned out Barb :-) Thanks for sharing how you used my design :-)
I will finish mine today, and I have a plan for what to with it next. It is people like you who makes creating and sharing fun!

Ondrea said...

Gee Barb, is there no stopping you???? It was waaaay too hot here to stitch today. Love them.

Kathy said...

Love the crochet stars, what a great idea for a christmas banner :)

Bluebell said...

Love the stars they will make a lovely banner, Rudolph is brilliant, and thank you for telling us about the heart.
Jill

Jocelyn said...

My daughter made crochet stars last year and we hung many of them on our Christmas tree. Love the heart :-)

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Wow Barb- you are on a roll. Love the redwork heart, I will print it out- thankyou to Hanne.:)

Anita said...

Hi Barb,
Great surprise find with Rudolph. I love it when that happens, it's like a little treat for yourself. I have been known, actually notorious, for making things, putting them away and then forgetting about them. In a year of so, I get a surprise. lol. Regards, Anita.