Sunday, October 24, 2010

A finish for October....







I finally finished those last 120 squares,stitched them together and added them to my project I've been working on over the last few months.You probably guessed it was a knee rug I was working on and you'd be right! This knee rug is for me,I'm always making things for other people....family,friends,new bubs so I thought it was time I made one for me.I love how the colours work together.
I'm still working on more squares as I thought a cushion or two in these colours would like nice on the couch next winter when I have the knee rug keeping me warm.I'm glad the rug is finished as it's starting to get hotter where I am and soon it will be too hot to crochet....mmmm will have to get back into organising my sewing room now the warmer weather has finally arrived.I'll post some photo's when I get a bit more done on it,at the moment it looks like a herd of elephants have run through it lol :)

20 comments:

Tracey said...

Love your finish, Colours work great together, i can only do one kind of crochet square love to learn more kinds

Khris said...

Barb I LOVE this...well done it looks fantastic..hugs Khris

Mistea said...

This looks amazing - all those squares and that border - Perfect for next winter.

RobynLouise said...

It looks great!The colours are wonderful.

Linda said...

Just gorgeous Barb!!

Margarita said...

Looks gorgeous Barb, and good on you for making it for yourself

Becky said...

AH Be brave... post some BEFORE picture's; I just did yesterday over on my blog. I'll post after photos in a few days. I love doing the cleaning up as you "find" all kinds of treasures you forgot about. We creative beings tend to become tornadoes when looking through our stash for that "perfect" fabric... afterwards we have to turn into the National Guard to clean it up. LOL

Barb said...

Wow...that is just wonderful, great job and colors!

Ariane said...

It's gorgeous!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow...that is amazing...

Tarnyia said...

WOW... beautiful and I just love the colours especially the limey green hehehe... and I know what you mean when you say you give everything away as the song goes ''what about meeeeeeeee''... oh and how dare you have such a messy sewing room... just goes to show you are always creating something wonderful when it is messy xxxx

sandra said...

beautiful rug, I just love the colours you chose.

Chris H said...

I am glad you kept it, it's beautiful.
I am guilty of giving most of my creations away too... I just 'gave' myself one of my own bags!

Roseanne said...

Your knee rug is very nice.

Wendy said...

it's beautiful, I love the colours. In fact, they would work well in my living room, and it's getting colder here... !

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It looks lovely Barb. Beautiful colours.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

That's a beautiful rug Barb. Don't the colours work well together. I htink the matching cushions will set it off nicely next winter.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Micki said...

The colours are beautiful Barb and you did a great job!
Micki

Eileen said...

this knee quilt will keep you warm and snug this winter.
Your colors are perfect, Enjoy

miss~nance said...

Beautiful rug.

Blessings

GAil