Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's Friday....


Friday is my day off,so I've made up a double batch of yummy lemonade scones to take for the girls at work tomorrow to enjoy.I've bought some jams and I'll be whipping up the cream in the morning just before I head of to work.I hope the girls enjoy their treat?

I've had so many requests for the scone recipe that I'm adding it to the post for all that would like to make them.

LEMONADE SCONES:
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup plain lemonade
1 1/2 cups S.R.Flour

Method:Put flour in bowl,add cream and lemonade and mix together.Place on floured surface and sprinkle with a little more flour.Gently knead the dough till it's not sticky.Pat flat with your hand to the thickness you want and cut out.Cook in a hot oven for 10 minutes.After about 7-8 minutes check and turn the tray around if scones are browning on one side more.Cook till the 10 minutes is up(the last 2-3 min's).Leave on the tray to cool.Serve with lashings of jam and whipped cream.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What time is smoko?

princess pudge said...

*droooooooooooooooooooooooooooool* soo, i'll be checking the post waiting for mine ;)

Clair said...

Oh, Yummm!
Clair.

Vicki ♥ said...

oh my goodness.....now I need to make some scones!! They have turned out soooo good :)

Derriere said...

omg barb, where were my scones???

Lesley's Creations said...

How delicious do those scones look! You must share your recipe!!! I love anything with lemon in but I've never been introduced to lemon scones before. I just havn't lived!! xx

princess pudge said...

wooo .. the recipe is up, thank you!! i've got guests coming for dinner tuesday night and i'm making a shaker lemon pie (will put recipe on my blog) so in the spirit of all things lemon, i'm going to make these tomorrow ;)

MissyMack said...

Oh these look delicious and sound so easy! Thanks Barb!

miss~nance said...

How simple do they sound & they look delish.

miss~nance said...

Could you used low joule or diet lemonade.

TrishJ said...

Hi Barbara,

I still have not made these scones, but I'll gain a few kg drooolsing at yours.